Top 10 Reasons to Get a Wheel Alignment:
- New tires. If you’re getting new tires installed or if they’ve already been installed, a wheel alignment and balancing prevents them from wearing unevenly.
- Uneven tire wear. If you’re visibly checking for and noticing this, your tires’ lifespan is suffering! Bring your car in right away for a checkup.
- Your steering wheel feels off-center or unbalanced. Pay close attention to how driving feels, and look out for numbers 4 and 5 below.
- Your vehicle pulls or steers left or right. You should always have full control over your vehicle.
- Your vehicle drifts or tracks in one direction. Driving with your wheel in the neutral, centered position should make you track straight as an arrow, not tracking to either side.
- You feel unusual handling or vibration. You know your car well, so if it’s doing something differently, help it out and take it in for inspection.
- You made hard contact with a curb or pothole. This can throw off your alignment pretty easily. So can rough roads like gravel roads.
- Worn suspension. If a little bump in the road jolts your car more than usual, this is a sign of worn suspension. And worn suspension might lead to wheel misalignment.
- As part of your routine seasonal service.
- Canadian winters. Bad roads can wreak havoc on wheel alignment and suspension. (You probably already knew that.)
So What Exactly is a Wheel Alignment?
Wheel alignment and balancing is part of standard vehicle maintenance and checkups. We adjust the three angles of the wheels to match the manufacturer’s specification. This ensures your vehicle will be steering and tracking straight, driving precisely where you point the wheel, and feeling perfectly balanced. You can imagine how important this is for your safety, and also for a smooth ride.
Wheel misalignment happens to every vehicle, eventually. As you drive your car, its suspension goes through a lot of abuse. This jostles your wheel alignment out of its default position. Speed bumps, curbs, potholes, gravel roads, winter roads and other conditions can also render your vehicle unsafe. Having full, predictable control over your vehicle is as important as it sounds. Call Wood Wheaton GM Supercentre in Prince George, British Columbia for a wheel alignment appointment at your convenience. We are happy to serve our customers from all over BC: Fort St. John, Fort St. James, Chetwyn, Dawson Creek, 100 Mile House, Burns Lake, Williams Lake, Quesnel, Vanderhoof, Houston, Smithers, Prince Rupert and Kitimat. We’ll see you soon!
|7:30 AM - 5:30 PM||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Closed|